Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Monday, April 25, 2005

The Final Moments

He closed his eyes,
And inhaled.
As a tear trickled of his cheek.
Then a smile flashed,
Across his face,
As he opened his mouth to speak.

A thunderous shout
Left his lips.
It's echoes thundered just as much.
He stood on his toes,
And swayed a bit,
As the winds extended their touch.

He looked down to the fate
That awaited him.
The future thereafter was unknown.
The wind blew hard but
He stood still,
And lifeless as a stone.

He then took one long,
Deep breath.
This one would be his last.
He then smiled and
Let go of himself,
As the world he knew flew past.

The winds suddenly,
Did subside.
He felt nothing, and heard no sound.
In the near distance,
Below him,
A teardrop hit the ground.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!! Wow!! This is like the optimistic suicide or something. How the hell do you think of stuff like this, let alone write on it?? I always kinda thought you need to try it to understand it. Did you? Try it I mean. Cause you sure as hell seem to know an awful lot about it. I'll be back later and maybe I'll find a reply to my question?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Nikhil Menon said...

The question is did I ever try Killing myself?? I've thought about it but only in the true spirit of scientific curiosity with the whole concept of death and not some great tragedy that had befallen me. Anyway I'll take that comment as a positive one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home