Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Friday, August 05, 2005

The Ordinary Girl

This is the first poem I've written that doesn't rhyme anywhere except the last stanza.

She would be the ordinary girl,
Who sits by the rivers edge.
A quiet smile on her petalled face,
As her feet lay partially submerged.

She would be the ordinary girl,
Who giggles at the nuances of life.
Her mind not bound by reason;
Her thoughts her own to keep.

She would be the ordinary girl,
Gazing out the window in solitude.
Contemplating some hidden sorrow,
As her eyes shed unseen tears.

She would be the ordinary girl,
Who treasures all that can ever be.
Ordinary to most who pass her by,
But everything divine to me.

By,
Nikhil Menon

5 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This might seem quite simple but it's got a lot of emotion in it :)

-F-

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For someone who knows you well, it shouldn't be too hard to realize who you're talking about.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Nikhil Menon said...

And what is that supposed to mean? It's abstract, who ever you are.

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abstract? Come on I'm sure the genius could come up with something better than that. You know a lot more people know you than you mihgt think possible. So don't try games with me. I know who that was written for.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Nikhil Menon said...

Well think what you might like to. In the mean time, I have some writing to do if you don't mind excusing me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home