Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Friday, August 12, 2005

Pass Her By

They cared not for the sullen smile
That nestled on her ashen face.
They cared not for the tears
That trickled down her cheek.
They didn't care enough to try,
They merely passed her by.

Her eyes glazed over by reality,
That restores no hope she needs.
Her dreams now one with the stars,
As dreams that would never be.
To believe would be to lie,
For her dreams have passed her by.

Her memories of spring elusive,
As it loses its relevance.
Gone are her visions of the
Winter December used to bring.
Forgotten are the clear skies of July,
As time has passed her by.

Her only friends in loneliness
Are visions of illusory times,
That she welcomes dearly.
I would strive to, but I cannot
Give her my love for it is I,
That can only pass her by.

By,
Nikhil Menon

2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this one.

-F-

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sangeetha here!!
sangeetha sivaraman from school...umm a little james blunt touch there "ur beautiful...n i dont know what to do cos i'll never be with you"...good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home