Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Freedom

Shackled to my broken fate,
I fall to the broken ground.
In the realm of servitude I dwell.
My hope which was once lost,
In these chains I have found,
With stories of my pain to tell.

The power does lie within me,
To break free when I do choose,
But the will to summon I have lost.
I have no need for sorrow,
For it's virtues I cannot use.
This is my suffering; my cost.

A captive to my only desire;
To bear sweet misery is my choice,
For I have no fate I long to see.
Surrendering to what befalls,
I choose to have no voice,
For I long to, but I can never be free.

By,
Nikhil Menon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home