Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Why?

Why does every smile
Turn a knife inside?
Why does every word
Tell me how I've lied?
Why is the one person,
That I can't confide
In, me?
Why didn't I just say
It some time before?
Why does every moment,
Leave a moment no more?
Why is all that's broken,
Something I once tore,
To be?
Why is it so hard to
Let the past go by?
Why can't the truth
Be my only lie?
Why can't I just tell you
That I'd always die,
For you?
Why are you the victim
Of my cruel desire?
Why do you still burn me
In your gentle fire?
Now my only demons,
Leave me to conspire,
Untrue.

By,
Nikhil Menon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home