Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

If

If all that is broken,
Could be whole when reborn;
If all that is taken
Could revel in the forlorn;
If all that is fading,
Could be replenished in dust;
If all of them - lying,
Could be endowed with trust;
If all that must die,
Could still long to live;
If all that did try,
Could find compassion to forgive;
If all that would dare,
Could find success as it is so;
If all that lies bare,
Could be concealed in what we know;
If all that is true,
Could be questioned at will;
Why do I spurn my fate,
And embrace my solitude still?

By,
Nikhil Menon

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..hey nice poem..actually nice poems... but here is something i dont get in d 4th line iam thinking u meant reveal...but y in forlon? wouldnt getting something back make u happy?
please correct me if i got d meaning of dat verse wrong..
anyway s u have a gr* thing going for u ,..iam sure u've heard dat alot!
wat i noticed is dat all ur poems r very serious..all serius topics..u dont like to include any humour is it?

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Nikhil Menon said...

Hi Rekha, well it's not reveal, it's REVEL. Revel (to take great pleasure or delight in something). First of all the basic pattern of this poem is such that each sentence has two contradicting (to an extent) parts.

Eg. All that is BROKEN could be WHOLE... TAKEN(CHOSEN) revels in the FORLORN.

In this poem it isn't me that's getting anything.. On the contrary something is taken from US as people. That's what it's about as a whole.

And I used to write some more 'happy' poems but lately I just find that we're living life in a way that I'm sure we weren't meant to. I'm looking at the grey side of life right now and I write about it. Thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home