Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Throne

To forfeit all that once,
Did burn inside my mind
As a flame that kindled
The hunger for glory to find,
Would be to forsake all
That I have lived to die for,
As its true worth is but
Something I would not lie for.

To drown in my sorrows,
Would be to cede to mortality,
Which preys upon my soul
As a demon that breeds depravity
And destroys those desires
Which beckon me to be divine,
Only to break upon existence
As a lost mirage never to be mine.

To find my soul in chains,
Would be to fall from great might
To a fate of ordinary shadows,
With no glimpse of divine light
That I know we all long for
In our quest for the unknown
Which will only be kindled,
Until death does accede your throne.

By,

Nikhil Menon

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Ller said...

nice! different!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home