Nikhil's Poems

This blog has some of my poems. These poems are very close to me and if you intend to use them I would like to receive some due credit for it. Feel free to contact me at nikhilmenon1987@yahoo.co.in

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Lessons

My sins atoned for,
By mortal whims;
My every need unheeded.
Standing on broken ground,
By an ocean of lies,
I despise all truths needed.

They call for me,
Silently summoning my
Spirit to answer my fear.
They beckon only
To shed light on
These mortal roots I endear.

They tell me of my
Greatest sin to keep-
This curse they call desire.
It burns inside me,
Consuming slowly
As a mockingly potent fire.

They tell me of my
Incessant jealousy,
Which would be my bane.
It claws around my
Own existence to
Condemn me to eternal pain.

They tell me of my
Chronic lust for all
That's temporary and impure.
A slave to impulse,
That controls my will
To ignore all that is truly sure.

They tell me of my
Lack of true faith,
In the erring ways of life.
Bound to distrust
All that is around,
In my bid to find only strife.

They tell me of all
That I did fear at once,
When mortal glory was one.
But I cared not,
When it mattered most,
For I have now come undone.

By,
Nikhil Menon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home